Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Preparation#3 - Drawing the Background

As I mentioned in the previous blog, I had to create the background of the scene now that Murtagh and the objects had been made.

I decided to set the game in one of Murtagh's 'planet restoration laboratories' where such experiments would no doubt take place on a daily basis. The door to one of these labs can be seen in the walk-cycle.

Since the wall of the warehouse (as seen in the walk-cycle) are a pale blue and covered with cracks and stains, this wall has to be in the same state. Having the wall here the same colour as the walls from the previous project will help to link the two together and to make it clear to anyone who saw the walk cycle that they are indeed in the same place.

Here is the wall I made in Flash, with the stains and cracks, and even a sign to help the player to establish their destination.








Now it is finally time to put all the bits and pieces together - Murtagh, the objects and the background!

I will post a screenshot in my next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment